Thursday, August 4, 2011

Semi-Wordless Wednesday... Practice Makes Perfect

Yeah, yeah... I know, it's Thursday.  But I started out the week one day off and being a bit of a Type A, I like to be consistent.  I'll try to get my act together when school starts... promise.


My little Cake Chick is about to attempt cakes WITH FONDANT (cue the scary music) for my niece's joint birthday parties on our vacation next week.
DD and one of her BFF's had a practice session yesterday with our new oversized cupcake pan...don't even ASK how much money we spent on cake decorating junk supplies at Michael's today.  OY.

11 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Love the oversized cupcake :) I bet the girls had a blast!

Julie said...

I've been there, too--aside from the fact that I'm usually the one requiring the cake decorating supplies. Do you think it will be worth it for her--and you?

julie cavender said...

Giant cupcakes?! I didn't know about that! I'll have to try that out. I hope the parties are great!

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Aww, that's so cute! Be sure to post pictures of the birthday cake after she makes it.

Shanea said...

I bet they had a ball. I can't wait to see pics of the next masterpiece :)

Heidi said...

Where did you find such a big cupcake pan?! I love it! Looks like they had fun!

Sam said...

Fun! I wish I something that resembled skills in the kitchen.. my dog was inadvertently trained to want to go outside when I turn the stove on.. the smoke detector hurts her ears... true story. Blush.

The cupcake looks faaab though! And I'm sure she'll do great with fondant! Good luck!

Orangies Attic said...

Heidi... click on their picture and it will take you right to a link for that pan!

Unknown said...

What fun! Made me hungry, too!

pasqueflower said...

Ah, but the joy they had making that huge cupcake --- priceless!

Kara said...

Fondant is fun! Be sure to post the photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...