Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to Monday...

First day of school today... first day for Dear Daughter to step out of the safe haven that is elementary school into the big, bad world of JUNIOR HIGH.  Ugh.  She's ready, and I'm excited for her... but she's my BABY and that school is BIG and girls are MEAN and... well, I could go on and on but I'm trying very hard not to be a helicopter mommy.  And I can't even talk about the fact that Sweet Son is now a JUNIOR.  Really?

But there is a bright side... and I do mean BRIGHT.  Check out DD's locker...

Wallpaper, lamp and rug by Lockerlookz

Yes, that IS a lamp that LIGHTS UP when you open the door, and WALLPAPER and a SHAG CARPET.  SERIOUSLY.  And here is the million dollar question... WHY, OH WHY did I not think of this first?  Rumor has it two mommies came up with this stuff while hanging out in their garage... and they are apparently now two RICH GENIUS mommies, because our local Learning Express can't keep it in stock.  GENIUS, I tell ya'.  Pure genius.  Go to their website and you can virtually design your very own locker... it's oddly addicting.


The Magnetic Mesh Vanity Bin is from The Container Store.  The turquoise bin, fun little chipboard flower magnets and magnetic dry erase markers are from Target.  The bright colored locker shelves are from Walgreens, but you can find similar online HERE.

I made the dry erase board by painting an old frame lime green and putting some pretty purple scrapbook paper behind the glass.  You can find the tutorial for a similar version HERE, paint it whatever color you wish and make it your own.

I would have been ALL OVER this when I was in 6th grade but since we were stuck taping up pics of Leif Garrett and Shaun Cassidy torn out of our "Tiger Beat" magazines, I will just have to live vicariously. 
Happy Back To Reality School everyone...

12 comments:

Eyelah said...

That is really cool stuff. Middle School was rough the first 2 years but then 8th grade was really good. My baby brother is going to be a Junior this year too and I can't believe he's so grown now! I still remember trying to potty train him!

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

I wish I had a lamp in my locker when I was in school! It would've helped so much!

My locker had pictures of boys in it, the first being Leonardo DiCaprio from his Titanic days. Which makes me feel old.

Kristen said...

That locker just cracks me up! I can just imagine how much of that locker stuff has been selling to little fashionistas all over the place. Here's to a good school year!

Janet said...

I saw those locker chandeliers on the today show a couple weeks back--awesome but our schools don't even have lockers anymore. The kids have two sets of books, one for the class and one for home. It stinks.

pasqueflower said...

What a cool locker!!! (But you still couldn't bribe me back to Jr. High--so grateful I survived that phase.)
They grow up so fast. My Dear Daughter started TEACHING today!
Yikes! Reminds me of the old song, "Turn Around." (You might be too young for that.)

Amanda said...

Oh my god, I totally love it all! She is awesome. How did the first day back go?

J.Crabbit said...

That looks amazing, but my locker was always too trashed for it to be of any use... Any kid rocking that wins automatic cool points though.

A Fine Balance said...

I wish my locker looked like that!

So very cool : )

Kara said...

Leif Garret, Shaun Cassidy, AND Scott Baio. None of which even compare to your daughter's cool locker.

Bia’s Blind Bags said...

Hey!!

WOW. We didn't have those *pimped up* lockers while I was in school so kudos to those 'genius rich moms' lol.

Thanks for visiting my blog while I was away... was so much fun reading the comments just now.

xx
Siddy
www.siddysays.com

Delightful Deets said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! For some reason I couldn't comment when I came back {thank you blogger} but I didn't want you to think I didn't love it! It was so sweet and your daughter is beautiful, I'm so nervous about those years :)

agathiyan said...

I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.



Large Shaggy Rugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...