Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Finds...

Of course we had to spend a day antiquing on our recent vacation, here is our crazy crew on the way out the door...

My Aunt Dorine, My Mom, me, and their BFF since high school, Jane Ann

I didn't do much actual BUYING (no room in the Clampett truck to take anything home, unless I left one of the kids at the beach)... but I did get some interesting ideas I thought I would bring back for you all.  I'm really am going to attempt my own version of these once school gets back in session and I have time to putter (did I really just SAY that?  WHEN do I ever have time to PUTTER???).  ANYWHO... 





Mimi (my mother) saw this adorable table... the top is covered in burlap, with large upholstery tacks (I think that's what they are) around the sides and glass on top.  Totally chic and what a great way to jazz up an old scratched up side table... Really any kind of fabric would look great, but I just love, love, love the texture of the burlap with the glass.


I spied these stunning candle lamps on the way out of a shop... 
can you figure out what they are?


Yep, if you look closely you can see these are just bunch of inexpensive random glass vases, cups, bowls and decanters all fused together and hanging by a chain.  I have about 10 of those cheap florist vases under my kitchen sink. Wouldn't these be lovely on a covered patio?  So pretty, easy and CHEAP!!!  Oh, and I think they were selling them for about $75!


Finally, and I have no idea WHY these grabbed my attention, but I just think they're FUN...

Redneck Wine Glasses

These are just old Mason jars with inexpensive candle holders attached to the bottom... wouldn't these make a fun gift filled with some Skinny-Girl Margarita mix or candy and tied with a big bow?   Now, if I could just find some time to PUTTER.   Heavy sigh...


3 comments:

OnePerfectDay said...

Sounds like a fun day!
You've got some great finds there!

Della said...

I am in Putter Mode!

Bia’s Blind Bags said...

Ah to be on vacation with Friends and the discover beautiful things! how perfect :)) Loved the post and loved the treasures!
Happy Weekend my Dear.
xx
Siddy
www.siddysays.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...