Thursday, March 3, 2011

WHOOP!

My stomach is in knots... my brain feels kind of mushy and I can't think about anything but... a FIFTH AND SIXTH GRADE BASKETBALL GAME.  How pathetic is that?  Dear Daughter has her first end-of-season tournament game tonight.  They earned a bye in the first round (due to their awesome season, and some dust from the Aggie Fairies who helped our coach win THREE coin flips).   If they win tonight, they go to the Championship game, lose and they are finished.

This basketball season has been one of those perfect storms...an amazing group of girls who mostly did not know each other when we started, a few that had never even played before, and have gelled into a cohesive unit who truly seem to like and respect one another.   They won their division in regular season (got to find a spot in the beach room for that big trophy!), and are now playing for the championship of the entire league.  And they are so dang CUTE!


 I credit some awesome coaching and a great group of parents with much of their success.  We are playing a very tough team tonight that we beat in regular season by ONE point with 14 seconds left in the game.  My heart can't take another one of those games.  I had the whole "it doesn't matter if we win or lose, you all are winners no matter what" talk this morning... but who am I kidding?  We want to WIN!

As an orange bleeding LONGHORN it has been tough for this mom to root for an AGGIE team... but I'm getting my Gig'em on, taking my spot in the stands and praying for a little more of that Aggie Fairy dust to sprinkle down on our girls tonight... GO AGGIES!

Aggie Whoop Canvas

6 comments:

Paige Ronchetti said...

Aaah, how cute! I played basketball when I was that age. I hope she wins!

Anonymous said...

Go Aggies! Good luck!

February Jones said...

What a great photo! This post stirred up so many memories for me *laughs* I wish the most stressful thing on my plate was a basketball championship... miss those days. My stepdaughter just finished her season of city house league basketball- sports are so good for kids!!!

J.Crabbit said...

I didnt know they even had tournaments for that age group... that is fantastic. good luck tonight!

Amanda said...

Aw! How sweet! Good luck, guys!

Primal Painter said...

Oh gosh, that brings back memories! My daughter is 21 now, but I remember the basketball days fondly!

I gave you a shout out on my blog the other day, but forgot to send a message. Typical....!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...