My friend, Janet from the Etsy Blog Team has bestowed on me the "Stylish Blogger Award." I don't know how stylish I am, but I'm definitely a blogger. Thanks Janet! Be sure to check out her shop, Custom Sepia... cute stuff like this:
|Custom Platter with Family Name and Inside Jokes or Quotes|
In the Stylish Blogger tradition, I am supposed to post 7 random factoids about myself and then pass it on to other deserving bloggers. Well, I couldn't decide on seven, and I am feeling rebellious today. I had WAY too much fun with this...
1. I can tie and untie knots in cherry stems with my tongue... it's an inherited family talent from my daddy's side.
2. I am a HULA HOOP QUEEN! I have yet to be beaten at our annual swim team party mom hula-hoop contest...
3. I love themes... theme parties, theme days, theme weeks...
Dear Daughter has the same affliction.
4. I don't eat meat... even though I was addicted to cheeseburgers in my earlier years.
5. My ideal vacation is a beach with my family, a lounge chair, an umbrella, a good book and a cocktail for as many days as I can get away with it...
6. We got to go to Paris for the first time 4 years ago when Dear Daughter guilted my daddy into sending her on a trip there for her Christmas present... oh, the powers of granddaughter persuasion.
7. I usually send 250 Christmas cards... Oh, and if you are sending one to me, it better have a picture of your family included.
|Our 2010 Christmas Card|
8. I love to go to movies by myself and I think a large pretzel and a Coke Icee is a complete and perfect meal.
9. I took piano for 12 years because Aunt Orangie wanted me to be Miss America... I hated it and am pretty certain the only thing I can still play are the the first three bars to "The Sting".
|Hi mom... what? What are you looking at???|
10. I have owned and loved 4 standard poodles in my life... Ricky, Thriller, Tex, and Hollister... the funniest dogs ever.
11. My kids behave better
on long car trips than I do,
in fact, my kids behave
better than I do most of the time.
Now... I'm passing this prestigious honor along to the following fabulous favorite bloggers of mine:
- My Aunt Dorine at Dorine's Place
because I love her and her blog (nepotism at it's finest)...
because her writing most often takes my breath away...
- Mr. B at A View From the Furry Side because
he is almost as cute as Hollister!