Sunday, March 27, 2011

High Flying, Flipping, Flexing, Singing, Saucy Insects...

Normally I'm not a fan of creepy crawly things, but last night I developed a newfound respect for bugs.  Well, at least for some very talented people dressed like bugs.  Handsome Hubby and I attended the Cirque Du Soleil production of OVO.  WOW.   Those folks perform some seriously mind boggling acts... I sat wondering at what point in life do you realize you can wrap your leg over your head and touch your belly button with your big toe?  I snapped this contraband pic during the finale... figured if I got thrown out at that point it was over anyway... not bad considering it was with my iphone and taken from my lap.


This was our second Cirque show, if you have never seen one I highly recommend adding it to your bucket list.  The entire show is a sensory feast... amazing costumes, jaw dropping stunts, beautiful music, just a complete EXPERIENCE.  

Last night we were also fortunate to be guests in the Tapis Rouge, the VIP lounge at the Cirque.  In true Cirque tradition, they were not just serving your ordinary hotel banquet food.  It was too dark to get a pic with my phone, but imagine this... Sweet and sour chicken on skewers wrapped in BLUE COTTON CANDY.  Yep, you read that right.  Oh, and Cranberry Chicken Salad inside an edible ORCHID.  Seriously... who thinks of this stuff?  It felt like I was in an episode of Top Chef.  In case you are feeling adventurous, the cotton candy chicken got two thumbs up from our crowd.  Can you imagine serving that to your kids for dinner?  Four words... MOTHER.OF.THE.YEAR.  

Duo Trapeze Print

Acrobats in Love Necklace


Cirque du Soleil inspired Masquerade Lady

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Cirque de Soleil! I haven't seen this one yet. The food sounds crazy! :) Pretty cool that you got to go to the VIP lounge!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen Cirque de Soleil, but they look AWESOME! I'd like to sometime. I'd also like to see the Blue Man Group. And I want to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra again- that was an AWESOME show!

I'm glad you had a great time!

Heather said...

Cool, I haven't been to Cirque! Hopefully someday I will go... :D

julie cavender said...

Next time we go to Vegas, I think a Cirque show might be in order!

FabricFascination said...

I want to go!

Karina Wetzel said...

I want to go So bad!! Hopefully next time I'm in Vegas I can comvince Hubby to go!

Annette said...

I SO want to go to one of the shows! And I really want to try cotton candy wrapped chicken! Sounds like a fabulous time!

Judy Nolan said...

How wonderful that you were able to attend this event! I'm sure you'll remember it forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...