Monday, March 5, 2012

Million Dollar Monday...


Handsome Hubs and I had a date night (woot!) on Saturday... we were gifted (more cheers for the work perks) tickets to see the Broadway Across America production of Million Dollar Quartet.  


MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET is the smash-hit musical inspired by the famed recording session that brought together rock 'n' roll icons Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins for the first and only time..  Here they are on that night in 1956... 


And here is the cast of the show... 


What a great time... my problem?  I hear awesome live music and can't keep still, took every ounce of self control in my body not to get up and start rockin' out in the aisle.  Ummm... not exactly welcome by the "premium seat holders" at the Hobby Center.  It is beyond me how all these people could sit and listen to "Great Balls of Fire", "Blue Suede Shoes" and "Walk the Line" without so much as a HEAD BOB.  
Come on people, loosen up!

Afterwards we were invited to a special post-show party where we were able to meet the cast... HH said he felt a little like he was at Disney taking pics of his wife with the Mouse.  
Funny man he is... but hey, I'm not proud.  

With Jerry Lee Lewis... who happens to hail from Manchester  England.
WHAT THE HECK?

Johnny Cash!  Love that man in black...

And finally... that hunka, hunka (20 year old) burning love... check it out, he even has the lip thing down.





7 comments:

Maggie B. said...

oh, I always rock on in my seat during these kinds of shows. Not the greatest behaivor, but I can't help myself. But I try and keep myself contained to my seat.... :)

Memories for Life said...

What fun! I wish these 4 were all still with us today to see them in person!
But this crew looks pretty good too :)

Heather said...

Ha, I agree about dancing! Music is something that I feel, and it's impossible not to move to good music.

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

I wanted to see this when it was in Chicago and we never got around to it! Glad to know it's good so we can hit it up next time.

Lara Hermes said...

I saw this in New York. It was wonderful.

Hannah Graham said...

Wild Panda or Lucky 88 slot: play right now on this website. Get more bonuses and cash prizes here.

Cecile Pages said...

Thank yoou for being you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...