Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Leavin' on a jet plane...






At the time this posts I will be on a plane with the little cutie-pie in this pic... except the little cutie-pie is now almost 6 feet tall and carries the luggage.  Yep, I'm heading off with Sweet Son for CollegeTour-A-Palooza... four schools in five days in a part of the country I have never seen.  

Just me.
and the boy.
and a rent car.
and 100's of miles.
FAR FAR away from home.

Did you catch that FAR FAR away part? 

Have I mentioned he's not seriously considering one single school in
the great state of Texas?  

NOT.ONE.SCHOOL.

Didn't I mention something Monday about my children perhaps being a "tad" too freakishly independent?

Heavy.
Sigh.

I guess I'll always have the pictures.



And Handsome Hubby... with whom I am not celebrating my TWENTIETH wedding anniversary today, because... well, I'm on a plane with SS.  No worries... HH and I have a BIG trip planned with FIVE WHOLE DAYS of celebrating our 20 (TWENTY!!!  Did I say TWENTY?!) years as a pretty darn happily married duo on the most amazing beach in the world... one month and counting.  WOOT! 

9 comments:

silvergirl said...

hope your visits go well
with one in college and one as a senior i feel your pain
both sons are VERY independent!
brett

Taylor said...

Happy anniversary! Twenty years is definitely something to celebrate, and celebrate in a BIG way. I'm sure you'll have a great trip with your son in the meantime!

Taylor said...

Happy anniversary! Twenty years is definitely something to celebrate, and celebrate in a BIG way. I'm sure you'll have a great trip with your son in the meantime!

Heather said...

I am now officially freaked out! Because instead of not even being able to imagine this with my oldest I can totally see this happening.

Time moves way too fast.

Have fun and good luck!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a great time on your trip with your son....hope he finds a school he likes:))

Carla said...

Happy Anniversary and good luck on the school visits. My daughter stayed close thank goodness. Texas A & M as you already know since you read my blog. But I would be crazy if she left Texas. Who knows what the future holds.

Because Shanna Said So said...

Safe travels!! What school does he want to go to! I hope it's Texas State! Go Bobcats!! That's my alma mater! ;)
Because Shanna Said So

ElleSee said...

I don't even want to think about this yet! My little guy just turned 1, and I know that next time I turn around, we'll be arranging a trip just like yours. I hope it went well :)

Unknown said...

Really innovative ideas that made my day. I was feeling much eager prior to reading your content for a long time and this time, I really feel lucky enough to find the best approach from your side.


gift bag

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...