Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday This and That...

Hi friends!  Lots going on the past few weeks, just going to catch you up with a little "this and that"... 

Here's a fun fall project I finished last week... I know, I'm pumpkin possessed!  Got my inspiration from Pinterest and will not even insult your intelligence by giving you the play by play in pictures... all you need are some pumpkins (I used foam from Hobby Lobby, you could use the real thing, too) and some kind of container... then it's PUMPKIN, E6000 (glue), GRAPEVINE WREATH, PUMPKIN, REPEAT... 
set it on top of your container 
(thanks to Mimi for the cool iron urns) and VOILA!


I made two of them to adorn my front porch and they will be there until 
Thanksgiving... I "heart" them very much!

Then last weekend we attended a friend's 50th birthday party... I won't go into how much it DISTURBS me that my friends are turning 50, except to say that I'm pretty sure my parents JUST hit that milestone... right?  UGH.  Anyhoo... of course it was a "no gifts" occasion but felt weird walking in empty handed, so another Pinterest inspired idea (and I wonder where all my time goes, DUH!)...


Hysterical, right?  Cute candy jar was from TJ Maxx, used some of my scrapbook paper and ribbon stash for the sign, and filled it with 50 Tootsie Pops... BIG hit and so fast and easy!  You could really do it for any age... 30, 40, 50... not even going to mention the next decade yet.  That's called DENIAL.

Oh, and I did finish my Couch 2 5K program... YEA ME!  I am now supposed to have started the Bridge to 10K with my friend, Jules but I have been a slacker and SHE has not... think she's a week and a half ahead of me so I need to get off this dang computer and put my new running shoes on... until next time, my friends!  Make the best of your day...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pumpkins, they turned out super cute. I am so in love with Pinterest also. And congrats on the completing couch 2 5k! How exciting?! and good luck on Bridge to 10k!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Kim Mallinger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.Crabbit said...

your pumpkin pic is sooo much cooler than mine.

Scrappy said...

I LOVE them both! Now I have to go to AC Moore tomorrow...

pasqueflower said...

Love the 50th birthday jar!
(Actually, it's not as bad as I feared. You get an AARP card and everything.)

Susie Buetow said...

haha I love the 50 sucks! Congrats on the Couch 2 5K! That is awesome.

Thanks for stopping in at my blog. I responded to you on the Pinterest button: http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2011/12/increase-blog-traffic-with-pinterest.html

Stop over and leave your pinterest id so that I can follow you. I"m also following your blog via GFC. I'd love for you to follow and visit again! Love the ideas on your blog.

Susie

Ilse said...

It can also come with your friends email id. Basic Parts of a Batch Solar Water Heater The area is contained.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...