Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wine, you say?

Framed French Proverb
Handsome Hubby and I attended the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo's Rodeo Uncorked Champion Wine Auction and Dinner last night... felt kind of like we were at the Cattlebaron's Ball on an episode of Dallas.  This event (like all of the Houston rodeo) raises thousands upon thousands of dollars that goes directly to student scholarships, a more than worthy reason to get decked out in our western gear and schmooze with the Ewings.  This was the Grand Champion wine last night...

2006 Cyrus Bordeaux Blend
This wine retails for about $28 per bottle... last night a magnum of this Grand Champion wine (equivalent to about 1 case) sold for $210,000!!!  Holy heart failure, JR!  Dear Daughter asked if we got anything at the auction... ummm... at those prices I'm not even sure we could afford a sip.  HA.  We did actually get to enjoy this lovely red with our dinner, and I will be looking for it in my local store but hopefully at the $28 price!   Here are a few finds I scouted out on etsy to help you preserve your favorite vintage, be it a $210,000 bottle or $28...

Upcycled Vintage Knob Wine Stopper

7 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

Holy Cannolli that's a lot of wine!

Kay said...

Sounds like a fun evening, even without a sip of million dollar wine. I love the vintage wine bottle holder.

Alessandra @ Tribal Times said...

Holy heart failure is right! I can't imagine what that must taste like. Yummm!

Orangies Attic said...

Kind of tasted like $28 wine... HA!

Canton Box Company said...

Thanks for featuring our French Proverb Framed Print!

Heidi said...

Thanks for featuring my wine stopper. Sounds like you had a great time the other night!

Gui hang di my said...

Good read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...