Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday...

Well, here it is Wednesday again... yikes!   First of all, here we are at the Rockets game, lest you think I didn't actually wear my little ensemble from last week.


See why I call him Handsome Hubby?

And here is a picture of the Rockets doing their pre-game whatever it is they do... we were in the club RIGHT BY the locker room!  
Very cool, although I did not act very cool... more like a complete spaz.


Being a dork of the highest order... I nearly had a stroke when one of my ALL-TIME favorite former Rockets walked about 5 feet away from me.  
Even if you aren't a basketball fan, you might recognize him from this...



Yep... that's him.  CLYDE "THE GLIDE" DREXLER!  Seems appropriate to be talking about him today, because that man knows how to rock a suit like no other.  Didn't get a picture because I was busy making a fool of myself gawking, and completely forgot I even had my camera.  Good times... oh, did I mention they blew the game in the the third quarter?  Let's move on, shall we?

The weather here has been, as HH likes to say, ON CRACK.  Hot, cold, wet, dry, hail, wind... and you get all of that in a 10 minute time span.  Hard to know how to dress these days.  I'm trying to get out of my black/grey/brown rut, so I jumped WAAAAAAAY out of my comfort zone and put a version of this outfit together for a day of errands, carpooling and school volunteering...



Errands and Meetings



Let's break this down for my fellow thrifty shoppers... 

Indigo Skinny Jeans:  These $210, 7 for All Mankind... 
mine $19.99, Target clearance rack
Green Stripe 3/4 Sleeve T:  This one, $22, Miss Selfridge... 
mine $8.00, Target clearance rack
Scarf:  This one AND mine, $14.99 at Target 
(Tarjay has some AWESOME scarves right now!)
Shoes:  These, $135.00, Vera Wang... 
mine $14.99, clearance at a local boutique
Earrings:  These and mine, $50.00, Kendra Scott

The earrings were actually a gift from my little sis(in-law) and I LOVE them!  She was 12 when HH and I started dating, I have only 1 brother and she has only FOUR brothers (God help her), so we latched onto each other pretty quick... and we like to spoil each other on occasion.  

Anywho... this is more color than I have worn at one time since I was probably 9 years old.  I think it worked, and I felt like a little beacon of light wearing it... BA!

And what is everyone else wearing?

pleated poppy


6 comments:

miamihoney said...

Cute post....and love the Beacon of Light :) I need to focus more on my outfits, you have me inspired!

Shellsea said...

I love that you found polyvore finds and compared them to actual affordable stuff. I love that site, but can never replicate!

Kendra Scott said...

Looks like you had a great time at the game! You look absolutely STUNNING in the Rajan Medallion earrings!

XO,
-Kendra

Jodi said...

Your post had me cracking up :) Love the inspiration outfit - great color combo! And way to be frugal too.

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

I loooove striped shirts like those! And if it's any consolation, I don't really wear color either. :-)

Kristen (by the book paper) said...

I love black/gray/brown. Add in some white and ivory and I'm good. But that outfit is super cute, and I need to start wearing more things like that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...